Amateur Radio Discussion
April 20, 2024, 06:15:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Atheism VS Adeism VS Agnosticism

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atheism VS Adeism VS Agnosticism  (Read 810 times)
KB3LAZ
Certified Sociopath
Administrator

The rule of the fang!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:29:18 pm »

So this thread was brought on by a thread from the zed that caught my attention.
What are your thoughts on the three terms and their definitions?
What are their differences and similarities, if any?
Also which seems more logical, you can obviously see my view.
The even more interesting thing is that I am currently taking a class that is relevant to this subject.
Im sure that many of you dont believe in any of these (well they are a lack of belief), but Im sure you have a valid and civil opinion on the matter.

Ok, from what I read it(adeism) is an absolute belief that supernatural and secular spirits or creatures can not exist or interfere with physical reality.

Atheism is basically the absence of belief in deism. (so I guess that they share the same platform yet one seems to be a bit more hostile.)

Agnosticism (my belief) basically states that one can not know for sure that there is or is not a god(deity) or an afterlife.

I serve as a mediator to many of my friends (who stand on both sides of the fence), I guess you could say that I am neutral.
I may project myself as a man that has absolute certainty that god does not exist, but in reality I just dont know, nor do I care(not to seem harsh). I just dont want to spend my life worrying about death or the "afterlife".

BTW, this is the inspiring thread.
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=174150
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:34:27 pm by KB3LAZ » Report Spam   Logged

kb3laz.com
-----------------------------------------------

Life Is nothing more than the suppression of death!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

KB3LAZ
Certified Sociopath
Administrator

The rule of the fang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »

If you do not understand the listed terms, or are unfamiliar with them here are some links that should catch you up to speed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

Best I could find on this one.
http://adeistic.wordpress.com/about-2/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Also there are many sociological books and articles on these and similar subjects, if this interests you.
Report Spam   Logged

kb3laz.com

AB9QU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:45:54 am »

I never heard of that  Adeism before.  Is that a new term or something that has been around?
Believers in Christ the savior do not worry about death or the afterlife. They know what happens because Christ told us what happens and it is recorded in scripture.  No religious ritual required. Christ already payed the price for our sins.  I think I fall into the category of fundamentalist or evangelical christian.  I was at one time agnostic.
Report Spam   Logged
KB3LAZ
Certified Sociopath
Administrator

The rule of the fang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:27:39 am »

I never heard of that  Adeism before.  Is that a new term or something that has been around?
Believers in Christ the savior do not worry about death or the afterlife. They know what happens because Christ told us what happens and it is recorded in scripture.  No religious ritual required. Christ already payed the price for our sins.  I think I fall into the category of fundamentalist or evangelical christian.  I was at one time agnostic.

Ya I just recently learned of the term as well. Like you I can only assume that it is a newer or unpopular term.
My true interest in the matter are the opinions between Adeism and Atheism. They see to be pretty much the same thing, however others disagree with me. I guess one is just a more extreme view than the other.
Report Spam   Logged

kb3laz.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum